Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Things 13 & 14: Social networking: Facebook in libraries and linkedin

I have had a linkedin account for sometime now, and have recently updated it to reflect my current position and career interests. I have also been able to link with some colleagues and friends using this service.

Although I no longer have a Facebook account (I am a very shy library trainee, and prefer to use  the quick newsflashes provided by Twitter to the often overwhelming newsfeeds generated by Facebook), many libraries do. Lauren and Ruth set up and maintain a Facebook account for the Social Science Library at Oxford, and many other libraries at Oxford also use Facebook, including the LawBod, the RSL and Nuffield College Library.

Ruth, in her 23 Things blog, discusses some of the pros and cons about Facebook in libraries.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I feel very important, getting a mention!

    ReplyDelete